Serotonin is the answer to happiness
So what is it?
It’s a hormone.
But not just any old hormone.
It’s your happy hormone (or at least one of them).
It’s like this…
The higher the levels of serotonin in your blood, the happier you feel.
And what’s more, it’s easy to give it a boost!
Like to know how?
So serotonin levels in your blood are regulated by the limbic region of your brain.
And there are certain things you can do that have been scientifically proven to stimulate your brain to release more serotonin.
Here’s just a few:
- Remember Love. Think about someone in your life who you care deeply about. Reflect on why you love them and what they mean to you. Then write a letter to them expressing those feelings of love (you don’t have to actually give it to them if you don’t want to). Notice how you feel afterwards.
- Love your body. Rather than focusing on what you believe is wrong with your physical appearance, write down what you love about it. Is it the colour of your hair, your natural blue eyes or the slim legs you are proud of?
- Give a compliment to someone. Acts of giving have been proven time and time again to boost your own serotonin levels. Think of someone you value and think of all the reasons why you value them as a person. Then make a time to go and tell them face to face why you like them.
- Sit and stand upright. Fact, if you adopt an upright posture when sitting, standing and walking you feel happier. Dedicate the next week to focusing on your posture in different situations, correcting it to a more upright position if you notice you are slumping in any way.
- Celebrate a success. Far too often society and companies focus on what is wrong and what needs to be better. Reflect on one small success you have had today and how you will celebrate this success. Write this down and notice how you feel afterwards.
So there you have it…
5 simple, proven tools for boosting your serotonin levels so you feel happier.
And the good news is…
This is just a few – there are many, many more tools proven to work.
In fact, there are so many of these wonderful little tools out there that I felt compelled to write an e-book to share a whole month’s worth with you…
Just click here to get this book right now: http://stevenealeinternational.com/products/active-reflection-journal/
I’m off to rocket my serotonin levels to the moon and beyond.
How about you?
To your success.
“Europe’s Leading Expert on Personal and Professional Growth”
Psychologist, Executive Coach, EI Practitioner, Award Winning Trainer, International Author, Psychodynamic Therapist, Hypnotherapist, Mindfulness Instructor, International Speaker, Creator of the LPS, Creator of the Accredited Masters in High Performance Leadership